Thursday, January 18, 2007

My Sister

When the sun is darkened by a rain-filled cloud,
I can run to you, my sister, I'll be fine.
When argument from the past still echo loud,
Then I'll cry on your shoulder and clear my mind.

You are my sister, the only one I have,
There'll never be another, none quite like you.
On my burning wounds, you are my soothing salve.
You can make me laugh like no one else can do.

We can sit and talk together all day long,
And stay up 'til the wee hours of the night.
If we stay together, nothing can go wrong,
There's no contention on who's wrong or who's right.

My sister, for everything you say and do,
My friend, with all my heart, I am thanking you.

( to my sister, Teresa)

1 comment:

Caledonia said...

Girl I love it and I feel the same way about you. Thanks Sis!